Browse through our Google Slide show by clicking HERE
Sample Schedules for the FALL PandEmek Learning Platform can be found HERE
Tutorials for Parents on Google Classroom and Zoom Conferencing:
Google Classroom Self Help Videos:
Zoom: Joining a Meeting
FAQ’s for Distance Learning:
What is Zoom?
- Zoom is a cloud based video conferencing platform that we will be using to have live video classes. If you are using it on a computer it will automatically download. If you are using it on an iPad or Smartphone you must download the Zoom app. If you are using a Chromebook you must download the zoom chrome extension. Zoom Tutorial - Joining A Meeting
What is Google Classroom?
- Google Classroom enables teachers to create an online classroom area in which they can manage all the documents that their students need. Documents are stored on Google Drive and can be edited in Drive’s apps, such as Google Docs, Sheets, and so on. But what separates Google Classroom from the regular Google Drive experience is the teacher/student interface, which Google designed for the way teachers and students think and work. Google Classroom Tutorial for Students and Parents
What devices do I need?
- You will need a computer or Chromebook to log into google classroom.
- For Zoom classes you can access the virtual classes using a computer, Chromebook, Smart Phone, or iPad.
- In order to complete written assignments, you will need a printer to print many of the documents.
- You will need WIFI with good internet connection.
What do I do if I have more than one child?
- If you have a middle school child you will need multiple devices, otherwise they should be able to share.
Who do I call if we are having problems?
- Academic questions about assignments or curriculum: Email your Lead Teacher.
- Technology questions -- trouble logging in or finding links or logging on to Google Classroom, Zoom, etc: Email Emek’s IT Department and Technology Coordinator at: IT@emek.org and email@example.com
- Social Emotional Concerns: Email Emek’s counselor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any other questions feel free to reach out to our admin team: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com